Friday 25 February 2011

What? Just.....WHAAAT!?

I try to keep my posts as happy as I can given that I am not that much of a cynic.  However, given my disjointed sleep last night and a 7am start at work tomorrow morning with the last thing I need is for my bed to vibrate from the bass volume coming from the rest of the family watching what sounds like a very action packed Bruce Willis movie (very selfish of them as I love both genres!) - all this makes me a very cranky woman indeed.  As such, I end up online and come across this article from Yahoo News.
Georgia State Rep. Bobby Franklin, a Republican from Marietta, Georgia, has introduced a bill that would criminalize miscarriages, making abortion and miscarriage -- or "prenatal murder" in the language of the bill -- potentially punishable by death.
 Excuse my language, but WHAT THE FUCK!?   Punishable by DEATH!?  As pointed out, even trained medical professionals can't say for sure what causes a lot of miscarriages.  Heck, a lot of women don't know they're pregnant when they miscarry, or even if they were pregnant in the first place!  But oh no.  According to this pleb:
Women who miscarry could become felons if they cannot prove that there was "no human involvement whatsoever in the causation" of their miscarriage.
 Okay, so unless you can prove that you were very good in keeping still, letting nature do its silent secret work in your uterus making a bunch of cells into something resembling a human a few months down the line, you could be arrested, jailed and ultimately executed.  How do you even prove that crap in the first place!?

The article points out in some digression to the main point that no one is quite sure if Mr Franklin is married or not.  I don't see why he shouldn't be.  What woman can resist his obvious caring, intelligent nature.  I sincerely hope this is just me finally having fallen asleep and having a bad dream, or if it isn't, that Congress has some sense and flat out laugh this bullshit bill out of their halls.  I mustn't be as tired as I think because I can feel some glimmer of hope that the latter is true. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to see playing some loud piano music can drown out the explosions downstairs and help me sleep before I become anymore snappy and cranky.

EDIT:  Okay, so Bobby Franklin has been married for 27 years.  I guess it takes all sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment