Sunday 20 February 2011

Musical Monday - Pachelbel's Canon in D

I love music.  Rock, Pop, R'n'B, Classical, Country, Cheese - anything that gets into my head and touches my soul really.  I've always lamented that I couldn't play an instrument (though hopefully that will change once I buy a guitar and practice) and I love singing and dancing.

Anyway, music is a very moving medium.  It stirs up the soul, can make you cry, help you fall in love, heal your heart or get you motivated to get out there and embrace the world.  So, to extend my love of music, I am going to try out a weekly segment to help everyone else start the week with a song in their heart.  To kick off, I offer my favourite classical piece - Pachelbel's Canon in D.


Not exactly a rare find, but I ADORE this song.  I love that it can be played at the background of an elegant afternoon garden party, or in a ballroom, or at a wedding.  In fact, I will confess - I would love for this to be played at my wedding, whenever that may be.  Preferably during spring or early summer with the cherry blossoms in bloom. 

Okay, I will stop with the sap now.  I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment